Your search returned 16 results.
Who’s on the SEND Team?
The SEND Team at MVM involves everybody. Every teacher and member of staff is responsible for ensuring pupils with SEND have a positive learning experience and make progress.
The day to day leadership and management of SEND across the school has been charged to the SENDCo, who works closely with parents, pupils, teachers, support staff and external agencies.
Everyone on the team is recognised for being skilled, hardworking and committed to placing pupils’ aspirations at the heart of everything we do.
We value pupils as individuals and want them to feel safe and supported to enable them to be confident and to flourish regardless of their special needs or differences. This is vital for them to grow up to lead happy, healthy and successful lives. Our aim is to prepare them for adulthood.
How we achieve this
Provision for pupils with SEND begins with high quality first teaching. At MVM we have clearly recorded our core offer. Thereafter, we collaboratively decide on appropriate provision that is ‘additional to and different from’.
In collaboration with parents, governors and the community we aim to provide an accessible curriculum by removing barriers to learning and addressing needs.
At Marston Middle School we value individuals, welcome diversity and believe in achievement, ambition and progress for all pupils. In order to do this, many steps are taken to support pupil through their learning journey. Quality first teaching is vital; however for some pupil there are occasions when further additional support may be needed to help them achieve their potential.
There is an emphasis on early identification of needs through supportive and preventative strategies which reduce barriers to learning.
We work in a flexible way to develop effective partnerships with pupil and their parents/carers, staff and external agencies to ensure that the school can meet a broad range of special educational needs and foster a culture of lifelong learning and independent living skills for all pupil.
• to promote an open and supportive partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the community and through that partnership endeavour to raise standards and remain a focal point of the community.
• to provide a positive and challenging environment in which all children are valued and educated according to their needs and potential.
• to create a happy, caring and secure atmosphere that will foster in each child independence, self discipline and a responsible and sensitive attitude towards life.
• to provide good quality resources and a stimulating environment in which children are encouraged to have enquiring minds and are challenged through their work and play.
• to encourage mutual respect, confidence and co-operation and teach children to work together, to show consideration for each other, people of all cultures and the world around them.
• to take advantage of change and be recognised by all as an innovative school in the creation and adaptation of new ideas, best practices and processes.
At Robert Bruce we are ‘The Link’ and we provide the link that will unite pupils, staff and carers to provide access to quality, targeted learning for all.
01234 301222 ext. 244
Shortstown Primary School is an inclusive school which has a positive impact on children’s lifelong learning and achievement through high expectations in a creative and motivating environment.
Our shared vision is to provide a happy and stimulating learning environment where all children thrive and will recognise and achieve their full potential, so that they can become good citizens of the future.
… a friendly, caring place where children and adults feel they make a contribution and are valued as individuals.
… a safe place with good behaviour and values, where children learn respect for themselves and others.
…a place where children develop a love of learning inspired by quality teaching that builds upon strengths and talents.
… a partnership between children, parents, staff, governors, other schools and the community as a whole.