Your search returned 1 results.
Individual Needs Protocol at Great Ouse Primary Academy (GOPA)
• Monitor and overview progress as well as assessing the ‘whole child.’
• Whole child is assessed under:
• Cognitive and learning – this description applies to children whose learning difficulties mean that they learn at a slower pace than their peers even with appropriate differentiation. Learning difficulties covers a wide range of needs. They can be specific such as dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia or cover all areas learning.
• Social emotional and mental health difficulties – this will include disorders such as attention deficit disorder as well social and emotional difficulties which can manifest themselves in different ways.
• Communication and interaction– this will include children who have speech, language and communication needs and have difficulty in communicating with others. This also includes children for whom social interaction is difficult.
• Sensory and/or physical needs – this covers children who require special educational provision because they have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making full use of the educational facilities generally provided within a school.
• These are further assessed under the ‘Waves of Learning.’