Your search returned 13 results.
Success Hides In New Employment Ltd is an organisation that supports young people and adults on the Autistic Spectrum as well as other learning disabilities, to find work placements that match their desires and enables them to show their abilities to a wide range of employers.
WHAT WE DO:
- Liase with all candidates to discover their dreams, aspirations and skills to enable our team to source the most suitable work placement.
- Support with writing a C.V.
- Full support whilst on work placement.
- Support with Access to Work application (once in paid employment).
- Work with employers to secure permenant employment after a successful work placement.
- Continue to support the candidate once employed for the duration of their probabtion period.
We work closely with companies, colleges, schools and families in Bedford and the surrounding areas.
The Disability Resource Centre is an independent organisation and a registered charity, it is known as a User Led organisation which means it involves disabled people as trustees staff and volunteers. The centre is a focal point for disability services throughout Bedfordshire and Luton. It aims to
- enable people with a disability and their carers to have easy access to the information and equipment they require to live independently
- encourage the involvement of people with disabilities in the provision of services
- promote awareness of the needs of people with disabilities
- encourage collaborative services for people with disabilities
Our Disability Advice Service offers Information and Advice on a wide variety of topics relating to disability including things such as support groups, leisure activities, holidays, home visiting services, statutory services etc. We have a large equipment display area where you can try out different pieces of equipment to find the right solution for you, and now purchase from us too. We also hire out some equipment like wheelchairs, frames, crutches etc. We also offer benefits advice, assisting with form filling, and appeals and preparing for tribunal as well as benefit checks.
We also have a PA Academy for Personal Assistants and employers. Training includes First Aid, Moving and Handling, and other relevant topics, as well as specialist training modules. Courses run at various locations in Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes.
Tired Out is Family Fund’s new sleep support hub which aims to help parents and carers of disabled children to sleep better. It pulls sleep information and resources together in one place. This includes information about support available to families in their local area, useful sleep tips and a wide range of research, resources and stories from families themselves.