Your search returned 5 results.
We are an Early Years provider working within the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. We ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
We promote teaching and learning to ensure children's 'school readiness' and give children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
We take children from the age of 2 years to a term before they are 5 years.
We support families and children with special educational needs and disabilities by working closely with other agencies to give the child a best outcome for their learning and development.
"At Clapham Preschool we strongly believe the rights of inclusion within mainstream schools and that all children have a right to be part of their community and to be welcomed and included in our provision".
Individual Needs Protocol at Great Ouse Primary Academy (GOPA)
• Monitor and overview progress as well as assessing the ‘whole child.’
• Whole child is assessed under:
• Cognitive and learning – this description applies to children whose learning difficulties mean that they learn at a slower pace than their peers even with appropriate differentiation. Learning difficulties covers a wide range of needs. They can be specific such as dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia or cover all areas learning.
• Social emotional and mental health difficulties – this will include disorders such as attention deficit disorder as well social and emotional difficulties which can manifest themselves in different ways.
• Communication and interaction– this will include children who have speech, language and communication needs and have difficulty in communicating with others. This also includes children for whom social interaction is difficult.
• Sensory and/or physical needs – this covers children who require special educational provision because they have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making full use of the educational facilities generally provided within a school.
• These are further assessed under the ‘Waves of Learning.’
Our babies are cared for in a cosy, warm and soothing environment, providing activities which stimulate their senses using textured materials and a wide variety of toys, water, sand play and music.
Our older 0-3 toddlers have access to two spacious rooms providing exploratory activities such as playdough, cooking, threading, puzzles, mark making, small world, sharing stories, singing, homecorner, art & craft, water, sand and painting.
Within our pre school our environment encourages the children to explore sand and water play, role-play, cooking, art & craft, woodwork, mark making, mathematical concepts, construction, threading, board games, musical instruments, ICT, books, story sacks and singing.
Our after school children are collected from three local schools by a member of staff in our people carrier and taken back to the club. There they have the opportunity to complete homework in a quiet designated area, 'chill' at the snack bar, relax listening to music or reading books or play a game until home time at 6pm. During the school holidays a program of activities is devised that include both planned and spontaneous activities. Regular features indoors include: playing games, art & craft, cookery, music, role play, design technology and games consoles. Outdoor activities include football, rounders, spare parts play and team building games.
With our amazing facts and professional animal handlers we visit schools, college’s, nurseries, children's centres and groups, SEN's, residential homes, clubs, private parties, corporate events, Fete’s and festivals fun days, promotional events, photo shoots, film work, Team Building, phobia sessions, Weddings and much more.
The main emphasis of our sessions is to be as hands on as possible, therefore giving you and your participants a truly memorable and empowering experience never to be forgotten.
We provide a caring and happy community where everyone is valued and given the opportunity to strive for the very best.
A community where a golden thread of Christian beliefs and practice weaves through everything we do.
We recognise and cherish each individual’s talents and encourage their aspirations by providing a stimulating environment, grounded in Christian values and laying the foundations for their life journey.
Through an inspirational creative curriculum children are motivated to take ownership of their learning and aim for excellence.