Your search returned 7 results.
Welcome to Beds Garden Carers
We are a charity based in Bedford UK dedicated to providing work experience, education and independent living skills and social opportunities for adults and teenagers with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour.
A forward looking organisation that works with people who have a learning disability. Giving life and work experiences and supporting people to learn, grow and develop.
Healthwatch is the consumer champion, for both health and social care services for children and adults living in England. At a local level Healthwatch Bedford Borough (HBB) will:-
• Enable all people of all ages to share their views and concerns about local health and social care services such as GPs, dentists, pharmacists hospitals, day care services and care homes.
• Help and support Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group to make sure that services really are designed to meet the local communities needs.
• Provide authoritative, evidence-based feedback to organisations responsible for commissioning or delivering local health and social care services.
• Be inclusive - we know that people can feel excluded from services and we know that access to services is not always equal. Healthwatch will reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
We support over 13,500 disabled children, young people and their families every year by delivering over 120 services throughout England.
KIDS is unique; there is no other organisation dedicated to providing such an extensive range of services to disabled children and young people, aged 0-25 years, irrespective of their impairment or condition.
Learning Disability England brings together Housing and Support Alliance and People First England with other national bodies led by or involving work with people with learning disabilities and their families, individual people with learning disabilities, families, friends and their supporters.
Scope exists to make this country a place where disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else. Until then, we’ll be here. We provide support, information and advice to more than a quarter of a million disabled people and their families every year. We raise awareness of the issues that matter. And with your support, we'll keep driving change across society until this country is great for everyone.
The Disability Resource Centre is an independent organisation and a registered charity, it is known as a User Led organisation which means it involves disabled people as trustees staff and volunteers. The centre is a focal point for disability services throughout Bedfordshire and Luton. It aims to
- enable people with a disability and their carers to have easy access to the information and equipment they require to live independently
- encourage the involvement of people with disabilities in the provision of services
- promote awareness of the needs of people with disabilities
- encourage collaborative services for people with disabilities
Our Disability Advice Service offers Information and Advice on a wide variety of topics relating to disability including things such as support groups, leisure activities, holidays, home visiting services, statutory services etc. We have a large equipment display area where you can try out different pieces of equipment to find the right solution for you, and now purchase from us too. We also hire out some equipment like wheelchairs, frames, crutches etc. We also offer benefits advice, assisting with form filling, and appeals and preparing for tribunal as well as benefit checks.
We also have a PA Academy for Personal Assistants and employers. Training includes First Aid, Moving and Handling, and other relevant topics, as well as specialist training modules. Courses run at various locations in Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes.
Tired Out is Family Fund’s new sleep support hub which aims to help parents and carers of disabled children to sleep better. It pulls sleep information and resources together in one place. This includes information about support available to families in their local area, useful sleep tips and a wide range of research, resources and stories from families themselves.