Your search returned 3 results.
As part of our vision, we aim to promote and lead a culture of shared values. They are the solid foundation and main principles of our culture. By consistently working hard to maintain our values, we will keep what makes Barnfield so special – an organisation that is deeply committed to delivering quality teaching and learning and providing innovative educational opportunities to the communities of Luton and beyond.
The service aims to support young people into adulthood through a specialist curriculum within a mainstream setting. Students undertaking courses within the Foundation area have the opportunity to develop their independent living skills within our specialist flat; access the community via our excellent location within Bedford town centre; continue to develop their numeracy and literacy skills across the curriculum. Full time programmes consist of opportunities for students to:
• Develop their work skills by undertaking a weekly supported work placement and dedicated session to support their understanding of the world of work.
• The opportunity to undertake one or more option/s which meet their personal interest and/or career aspirations. These are delivered within specialist facilities by vocational staff with experience of working with young people with additional needs.
• All students will have a dedicated Personal Tutor who works with the student and liaises with parents/carers and other agencies to promote achievement and well-being.
The days and times of our services are unfortunately limited by government funding. Full time programmes for young people aged 16-18 are delivered over 4 days for 32 weeks of the year. Full time programmes for young people aged 19+ over 5 days per week between 10.30-3.00. Students access supported for full time programmes for up to 3 years.
Progression routes for young people from our supported courses are varied with students progressing onto level one or two courses cross college, gaining employment to undertaking a varied programme supported through social care which may include one day a week at college and continuation of their work placement. Student’s progress is regularly reviewed and discussed with the student, parent/carers and relevant agencies to support young people to support transition into adulthood.
Success Hides In New Employment Ltd is an organisation that supports young people and adults on the Autistic Spectrum as well as other learning disabilities, to find work placements that match their desires and enables them to show their abilities to a wide range of employers.
WHAT WE DO:
- Liase with all candidates to discover their dreams, aspirations and skills to enable our team to source the most suitable work placement.
- Support with writing a C.V.
- Full support whilst on work placement.
- Support with Access to Work application (once in paid employment).
- Work with employers to secure permenant employment after a successful work placement.
- Continue to support the candidate once employed for the duration of their probabtion period.
We work closely with companies, colleges, schools and families in Bedford and the surrounding areas.