Your search returned 7 results.
As part of our vision, we aim to promote and lead a culture of shared values. They are the solid foundation and main principles of our culture. By consistently working hard to maintain our values, we will keep what makes Barnfield so special – an organisation that is deeply committed to delivering quality teaching and learning and providing innovative educational opportunities to the communities of Luton and beyond.
Healthwatch is the consumer champion, for both health and social care services for children and adults living in England. At a local level Healthwatch Bedford Borough (HBB) will:-
• Enable all people of all ages to share their views and concerns about local health and social care services such as GPs, dentists, pharmacists hospitals, day care services and care homes.
• Help and support Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group to make sure that services really are designed to meet the local communities needs.
• Provide authoritative, evidence-based feedback to organisations responsible for commissioning or delivering local health and social care services.
• Be inclusive - we know that people can feel excluded from services and we know that access to services is not always equal. Healthwatch will reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
We believe everyone has the right to education, so we take a high-quality school environment and deliver it via the internet. Nisai is the only online provider in the UK to have a full Ofsted inspection, achieving a grading of ‘Good’. We provide live online classes taught by qualified subject-specific teachers across the country for students studying Key Stage 3, 4 or 5. Our goal is to ensure that every student can complete their education and gain accredited academic and vocational qualifications such as Functional Skills, GCSEs and A Levels.
Preparing for Adulthood - Transition (means “change”)
It is what happens when you start thinking about what you want to do when you leave school and what support you may need.
It is a time to look at what you want in life, and plan the services you may need to support you. Planning your transition starts happening when you are about 13 years old. A good transition means that you will be as independent as possible when you are an adult. It is important that you know about what will happen and how all of the different changes will affect you.
Scope exists to make this country a place where disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else. Until then, we’ll be here. We provide support, information and advice to more than a quarter of a million disabled people and their families every year. We raise awareness of the issues that matter. And with your support, we'll keep driving change across society until this country is great for everyone.
We provide work-based training in small friendly groups in a tranquil and safe environment for adults with special needs and/or barriers to employment or independence.
- Activities are in 3 areas: 1)Garden: growing plants for sale and caring for 5 acres of land including stock beds, fruit orchards and meadow. 2)Kitchen: making a wide range of preserves and some cakes for sale. 3)Craft: producing a variety of goods from different materials. All specific and general (transferable) skills are fully taught as we work, including health and safety, food hygiene, environmental care and workplace behaviour.
- We do not have a maximum time for someone to be with us, but we hold regular reviews to ensure that they are still benefitting from the service, and if there are ways in which they can profitably move on eg towards employment, we would endeavour to support them in this as much as possible.
The Jobs Hub is a unique approach to helping Bedford Borough residents aged 16 + who are unemployed, looking for new skills, have entrepreneurial aspirations or are looking for a career change. We can help you:
- Find a job or Apprenticeship
- Start up a business
- Change or start a new career
- Refer or signpost you to specialist support