What our service does
We support over 13,500 disabled children, young people and their families every year by delivering over 120 services throughout England.
KIDS is unique; there is no other organisation dedicated to providing such an extensive range of services to disabled children and young people, aged 0-25 years, irrespective of their impairment or condition.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service or SENDIASS is a free, confidential and impartial service for parents and carers, children and young people (up to 25 years). The type and range of support offered includes:
- Information regarding the local offer, local policy and SEN/ disability law from independently trained staff
- Advice for parent/carers, children and young people on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation
- Personalisation of personal budgets
- Information on the local authority’s processes for resolving disagreements, its complaints procedures and means of redress
- Signposting children, young people and parents to alternative and additional sources of local and national information, advice and support
- Individual casework and representation where needed including support in attending meetings, contributing to assessments and reviews and participating in decisions about outcomes for the child or young person.
- Support for parents and young people in managing mediation and appeals to the SEND Tribunal
At KIDS, we have services that provide general parent and family support as well as Key working, Sleep projects, Parent forums and Befriending services.
Keyworking offers a single point of contact to families accessing more than one service and managing multiple appointments. The Keyworker's main job is to work with other agencies (from the health, education, social care and voluntary sector) to provide help with accessing information as well as practical and emotional help for families who require multi-agency intervention and intensive support. The Keyworker will support the family with home visits, telephone calls, text and email support depending on each individual family’s need.
KIDS SEND MEDIATION SERVICE
Is an independent mediation and disagreement resolution service, which is free of charge for parents/carers and young people. Our service helps to settle disagreements between parents or young people and local authorities and schools or other education providers. These disputes are often about the special educational needs and disability (SEND) of children and young people, and how best to meet their needs.
Contact for more information
Record Last Reviewed On: 06/10/2017