Educational Psychology Team
What our service does
The Psychology Team, within Bedford Borough Council, work to promote the learning and development of children within the Borough.
Educational Psychologists (EP) offer consultation, advice, assessment and training on how our early year’s settings/schools and parents/carers might help children to learn effectively, and to make the most of their education.
We work with:
• Groups and individual staff in educational settings to develop ways of working with children as individuals and in groups
• Educational settings to provide guidance on managing whole school issues, such as reducing bullying, improving playground behaviour and teaching children to read
• Individual children and/or their parents/carers
• Other professionals from health authorities, social services and voluntary organisations
• Pre-school providers, parents and carers for children under school age.
Services we provide:-
• Free Drop-in service for all settings and parents/carers, within Bedford Borough
• Research and project work to promote inclusion and support school improvement
• Awareness raising and training for professional staff and voluntary groups about using psychology in education.
• Direct work with individuals and groups of children
• Advice and support in response to critical incidents in the community.
• Advice and support for strategic planning & policy development within the Borough Council
Location of our service
The entirety of Bedford Borough.
Who our service provides for
Our service provides for all young people aged 0-25 of any special educational need or disability
When required, we can signpost ineligible clients to more appropriate services
How to start using our service
Our service primarily provides support for schools, early years and other educational settings. However, we are accessible to parents / carers through our frequent free drop-in services. For academies and free schools there can be a costs incurred of the request is not statutory.
How decisions are made about who can use our service
Accessibility to the EPs is channelled through a number of formats through drop-in services, telephone and email contact, professional consultation and through applications to a number of professional panels such as the SEND Education Panel, ESP, BAP etc
Decisions may be disseminated through the professional who applied on your child’s behalf or should you wish to discuss in further detail, all services are available for contact by telephone or email.
How we communicate with our service users
We welcome feedback from service users through ongoing consultations and an annual schools survey. Evaluation forms are collected and analysed following drop-in consultations. Communications are channelled through various forms from our website, leaflets, posters and general mailshots to direct involvement generated from schools and educational settings.
Accessibility of our service
As the Psychology Team is located at Borough Hall, is accessible via public transport and provides ample parking facilities, access and facilities for wheelchair users with sufficient toileting and changing amenities available if required.
Qualifications and training of our staff
Educational Psychologists are fully qualified professional with several years experience in their field affiliated with HCPC
They work closely with a broad range of other local services and professional teams from SEND, SIMT, EYST, SALT etc.
General Contact Information
For any queries, please call the Psychology Team on 01234 228693 or email email@example.com
Contact for more information
- Tim Long
- Principal Educational Psychologist and Head of School Support Service
- Borough Hall, Bedford
- 01234 276397
- 01234 228980
- Opening Hours:
- Mon - Friday 8.45am – 5.15pm
Record Last Reviewed On: 20/01/2016